Tip: Use Hershey’s 100% cocao “Special Dark Blend” for best results with this recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 30 minutes
Yields 15 cookies
½ c. sugar-free peanut butter
6 T. unsalted butter, room temperature ( vegan butter can be substituted )
1/3 c. real maple syrup
1 t. real vanilla extract
2 T. dark unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 t. salt
1½ c. quick cook oats
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add peanut butter, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and place in microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Remove from microwave and stir vigorously until smooth.
- Add dark cocoa powder and salt to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Add oats, one-half cup at a time, and stir until oats are completely coated.
- Add rounded tablespoons of peanut butter oatmeal mixture to prepared baking sheet. Place in freeze for a minimum of 30 minutes to set.
- Remove from freezer and serve immediately. Store remaining cookies in the refrigerator until ready to serve or the cookies will lose their shape. Enjoy!