Tip: Soak the wooden skewers in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
Prep time: 20 minutes (+ time to marinate)
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
8 large wooden skewers
16 oz. swordfish, cut into 1-inch cubes
16 oz. fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. lime zest, preferably organic
¼ fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
2 t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Non-stick cooking spray (or butter, olive oil, or coconut oil)
2 large limes, cut into wedges
- Place the swordfish, pineapple chunks, red onion, and red bell pepper in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lime zest, fresh cilantro, and garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice during that time.
- Spray a large grill pan with non-stick cooking spray (or lightly grease with butter, olive oil, or coconut oil). Set over medium heat.
- Thread the swordfish and veggies alternatively onto skewers. Working in batches if necessary, place on the hot grill pan. Cook until the veggies are slightly charred and crisp-tender, and the fish is flakey, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately .