Just a hint of real maple syrup is used in the simple syrup for this recipe. This adds a hint of rich maple goodness, without overpowering the other flavors.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
3 T. fresh mint, crushed
1-2 T. real maple syrup
3 T. honey, preferably local
3 c. water, divided
½ c. fresh lemon juice
1 c. club soda
Ice cubes, to serve
- To prepare the blueberry maple simple syrup, combine the blueberries, mint, maple syrup, honey, and one quarter cup water in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Simmer until the mixture is heated through and starts to thicken, approximately 4-5 minutes. As the mixture simmers, gently press the blueberries with a wooden spoon to release juices while stirring to combine with the other ingredients.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to separate the solids. Reserve remaining liquid syrup and set aside to cool.
- Add lemon juice and remaining water to a large pitcher. Add blueberry maple simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and fill each 2/3 full with the blueberry lemonade mixture. Top off each glass with some club soda and garnish with sprigs of fresh mint, blueberries, and/or lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!